A well-tended lawn speaks volumes about the people who live in the area. For more positive vibes, a home has to have a lawn or a garden with fresh, green grass, lovely blooms, and other kinds of healthy flowers. Plants need constant care and tending, but lawns have proven to be the most demanding among the bunch. Scotts 2000-20 will for sure help you on that.
A good lawn has to be trimmed consistently, and the trims should be made in an even manner. But because of the lack of good mowing equipment, homeowners tend to overlook this factor.
Scotts 2000-20 20-Inch Classic Push Reel Lawn Mower promises to do just that. But did it fare well in terms of lawn maintenance? We will soon find out.
Scotts 2000-20 Features
- Wide cutting/mowing deck – When it comes to push reel mowers, this one from Scotts is one of the easiest to put together.
- Quick-Snap Height Adjusters – Some of the product’s most notable features are its height adjusters. It provides nine height adjustments that users can experiment with. It really provides them better control over their lawn. This feature also allows users to switch cutting height between 1-3 inches.
- Dual Wheel Tracking – The unit’s combination of two composite wheels with radial tires feature tracking technology. It prevents drag and gathers enough power to enable the whole unit to pass by all sorts of terrain.
- Precision Blade Technology – The Scotts 2000-20 features a five spider and five-blade reel that ensures precise, smooth cuts. It is comprised of five steels that have undergone significant heat. Thus, its shearing power offers sharp, precise cuts. It includes small ball bearings to make the blade turn easily without any trouble while using the unit.
- 2-Year Warranty – A great mower is always backed up by a warranty. Users will get to use this warranty in case a part of the unit acquires technical troubles.
One of the good things about this mower is it was simple and straightforward to adjust. Scotts 2000-20 features levers for every wheel to put together your preferred cutting height. In addition, modifying the unit’s blades for correct, precise cutting is easy.
The entire unit was easy to assemble. It will not require any special tool. The bolts that come with the unit, which are used to fix the handle, already feature big plastic wing nuts so users can easily tighten it manually. It was also easy to take apart.
If you do not have enough space in your garage or tool shed, you can disassemble the whole machine without any hassles so you can store it anywhere you please. You may need to make use of a pair of pliers to detach the tiny C-clips that are fixed on the handle of the mower’s body.
The handle of the unit also features an ergonomic arch that allows for a more comfortable grip, which is highly appreciated for hard tasks like mowing. It provides quiet operating time too.
Because it is light, users will be able to maneuver it around tight corners and obstructions along the way. Also, the unit did not jam, not even once during testing in a variety of terrain and conditions.
While the Scotts 2000-20 was lightweight, it will require users to exert more effort when traversing hilly terrain. Users will also need to apply more force on lawns with thicker grass.
Taller grass and weeds will prove to be a workout for a user since they won’t bounce back early enough for the blades to chop them up properly.
Also, users might have to do several passes once more over grass since its cutting ability is a bit more limited as compared with standard mowers. But on flatter terrain, it won’t pose that much of a problem.
The Scotts 2000-20 20-Inch Classic Push Reel Lawn Mower is a well-built mower that provides a thoroughgoing cutting height of 3 inches, which is sufficient enough to keep lawns manicured and in great condition.
It was light regarding weight, and it’s a simple unit that performs its job decently, plus it costs about half as much as other reel mower types.