Picture this: a string trimmer on wheels you can push to access all areas of your lawn or property containing thick brush and rough terrain!
Trimmer lawn mowers combine the features of the most durable string trimmers and push-type lawn mowers. They also provide greater maneuverability to cut through tall grass and stubborn weeds.
Walk-behind trimmers are gaining in popularity and are quickly rising to fill the needs of both markets. Manicure areas around houses, flower beds, and fences just as you would with a hand-held string trimmer.
Tackle unsightly weedy overgrown patches that are difficult to access with a regular push mower. Adjust the height of your cut to suit your preferences.
When deciding on a mower to tackle lawn and garden chores, first consider the size of the area you will be cutting. Second the type of grass or weeds that need cutting. If you have a perfectly even terrain with only manicured grass, a conventional mower, or a riding mower will do the job for you.
However, if there are a lot of nooks and crannies around your yard that need regular trimming, an additional hand-carried string trimmer might be needed to access these areas. Or you could cover the lawn mowing and the finer trimming needs with a trimmer lawn mower.
Terrains that are uneven and rugged can be challenges for even the most durable conventional mower. In these cases, trimmer lawn mowers offer the perfect solution as they maneuver across uneven ground and handle all these hard-to-reach areas and tough terrains with ease.
The cutting radius of the Remington 22-inch Trimmer Lawn Mower is (of course) 22”, so it can cover a lot of ground in a short amount of time. Tall grasses and weeds pose no challenge to the Remington 22-inch Trimmer, and you’ll be able to finish your yard work faster than ever before.
Remington 22-inch Trimmer Lawn Mower Features
- 159cc MTD Powermore 4-Cycle OHV engine—a lot of grip and forward motion enables velocity to help with cutting grass. It uses less energy by going through four cycles.
- Off-set trimmer head—enables you to cut anything the trimmers miss along the way.
- Ball bearing wheels—fitted with 14-inch off-road wheels that use ball bearings to get the right grip on the ground
- Mowing height can be adjusted from 2.375″ – 4.375″
- 22-inch cutting swath. It uses a standard 155 diameter trim line that cuts through the thickest vegetation in a wide area in front. This is fast and effective against anything and everything
- 2-year limited warranty
- Trimmer guard protects you from flying debris
- Control lever prevents continued operation when operator steps away from the trimmer mower.
- Quick starting with an easy pull cord
- Powerful for engine size
- Easy line replacements
- Folds for easy storage after use
- Wheels only 1″ wide
- Should not be used on slopes greater than 15 degrees
- Avoid being used for drop-offs, ditches or embankments where you could lose your footing or balance
- Should not be used on wet grass
- Some reviewers complain of uneven cuts, especially on lawns
The Remington 22-inch Trimmer Lawn Mower combines the maneuverability of traditional string trimmers with the easy-push convenience of a traditional walk-behind lawn mower. The mower works especially well with tall grasses and weeds,. It maneuvers easily into hard-to-reach areas that you would normally use a string trimmer to access.
Most reviewers love this product for these reasons. But a few have complained about using the trimmer mower on slopes and steep inclines, and claim that the trimmer mower is only good for flat surfaces.
However, YouTube videos show users maneuvering over rough and uneven terrains with ease, and it is possible to mow across slopes, instead of mowing up and down. The 22” cutting radius allows for a quicker dispatch of regular lawn chores. The large, rugged wheels provide for the easy maneuverability across your yard. As with the use of any lawn cutting machinery, use of eye protection is advised.
Children should not operate this mower trimmer, and along with other bystanders, should be not be in the immediate vicinity while using this trimmer.
If you are looking for a mower to tackle all areas of your lawn, including those hard-to-reach nooks and crannies around house exteriors, fences, gardens and shrubbery, the Remington 22-inch Trimmer Lawn Mower combines the versatility of a hand carried trimmer with the durability and comfort of a walk-behind lawn mower.
This trimmer mower can take down the tallest of grasses and the thickest of weeds with ease, and continue performing to manicure even the most even of lawn surfaces.