If you are on the hunt for a garden tractor that works, you need to check out the Poulan Pro 960420182 riding mower model, also known as PP155H42. Powered by a 15.5 HP Briggs & Stratton single cylinder Overhead Valve Engine that makes the mower quick to act and the whole thing capable of covering plenty of ground.
It packs quite a punch, but let’s discuss both its advantages and disadvantages.
Poulan Pro 960420182 Features
- 42 inch high performance air induction cutting deck that pulls in air from the top to maintain air circulation beneath the deck. It comes with a 10-year limited warranty on the deck shell.
- Auto Hydrostatic Transmission for easy speed adjustments. Just shift the unit’s Motion Lever forward to increase the speed. To slow down, pull back towards neutral. There’s no need to stop in order to change the speed.
- 15.5 HP Briggs and Stratton single-cylinder Overhead Valve Engine offering durability and exceptional performance. It also provides easy-to-use air filter service for a cleaner, cooler operation and more power when required.
- Oscillating Front Axle offering a six inch turning radius, accompanied by a hanging deck. The combination lets users evenly cut grass near small trees, obstructions, and bumpy, irregular ground, which in the end means less trimming.
- Six cutting positions allowing users to modify the unit’s cutting deck to adapt to the lawn’s present conditions.
Most users who have bought the Poulan Pro 960420182 riding mower agreed that it was easy to handle thanks to the automatic hydrostatic transmission.
Its 22 inch rear turf saver tires don’t do much damage to the lawn as it runs over it.
Buyers also thought this tractor, for its size and power, operates quietly.
The flexibility of the chassis assists in maintaining the deck’s ability to evenly cut the grass.
Users also liked the unit’s ignition switch because it allows them to back up keeping the cutting deck engaged.
Its automatic hydrostatic transmission allows speed adjustments without stopping the machine. Therefore, users save time.
One of weaknesses that some users have noticed, is that the seat is not positioned as firmly as they would like. One user said that ordering a second main bolt plus a washer for the seat’s mounting could solve the issue.
Another user said that the unit’s steering wheel felt a bit flimsy and lightweight. But he did not have any concerns regarding the durability of the unit.
One user did not receive the steering wheel extension mentioned in the instruction manual, so he was not able to operate the mower.
When it comes to mowers, specifically garden tractors, the Poulan Pro 960420182 is a very good option.
As described above, it showed enough power to manage any lawn. It provided even, smooth grass-cutting, and it was easy to manage.
The Poulan Pro 960420182 was capable of traversing both smooth and rough terrain. And cutting grass near small trees was not a problem because of its oscillating front axle with a six inch turning radius, which also minimized the need for trimming.
If you have any question regarding this riding lawn mower, leave a comment here or contact us and we will be happy to answer it.